Hello my F4 Tribe!!!
My my has it been a while since I have blogged!!! 2 months!!!!I will attempt to catch you up on life, well what’s been going on in my life. I kind of wish this was a dialogue because I would love to know what you all have been doing. Soooo…. feel free to leave me a quick synopsis of what’s going on under the comments section at the bottom.
Ok so this will be two part post because I really want to update you BUT I also want to talk to you about today’s topic; which is……………….. Barometric pressure!!! I absolutely hate it but I am excited to talk about it.
So what is this barometric pressure?
Barometric pressure is atmospheric pressure. (definition from google) I know I know, so official.
How does it affect humans? Well let me tell you what I have been told and experienced.
When asked the question “How does barometric pressure effect you” people with various illnesses said:
- “my head feels like it’s going to pop off”
- “my back hurts, my shoulders hurt and so do my feet”
- “I can move”
- “well, I’ve been in bed all day”
- “doesn’t bother me much”
- “my skin hurts on my hands and my legs”
So as I am typing my fingers are beginning to ache and my fingertips are burning as if I have touched something hot. How ironic! And this is why I am making this post. This will be a one part post now. Gotta role with the Fibro punches! So typically hours, sometimes a day before the rain my body begins to hurt. Since my accident I have had no days without pain. That is technically called a “Fibro Flare”. So essentially the traumatic experience or impact of the wreck sent my body into a flare. And now is raining. I woke up this morning with elevated neck pain, elevated back pain, aching in my limbs, my face (cheek bones and jaw bones) shoulder pain and now my fingers are aching. The ache is similar to a cold, dull yet throbbing pain deep inside the bone. Flares can often be caused by: weather, physical or mental exhaustion or mental/emotional stress. The Fibromyalgia Support Group on Facebook that I speak of sometimes has countless examples of traumatic events that cause people to flares. For example: divorce, cheating spouse, illness of a child or death of friend of family member, car accidents, physical accidents, the common cold, strep and other illnesses. There is so much that can trigger a flare. Each person is different and each Fibro case is different. Mine started off with extreme muscle cramps that lasted 45 min on average. The symptoms graduated to me not being able to walk sometimes and panic attacks. Now I just have severe pain all over my body. I rarely have pain where I can’t at least walk with a limp (lean with rock with it, haha) or push through it. I may be covered in pain patches BUT I AM MAKING IT!
Other symptoms like headaches, surgery scar tissue or plates, or increased maladaptive behaviors can be caused by barometric pressure change.
Well guys I am going to go rest and my hands have had enough of typing! I have Zumba tonight. YES I STILL TEACH! Now you knew better than to think that. Love you all!!
General Things I’m praying for:
- A baby that accidentally shot himself with a nail gun I think (some type of tool). He’s fighting for his life
- The family of the 15 year old who killed himself
- My friend who has not had more than 3 hours of sleep a night for the past 4-5 months
- 2 of my church family members who have broken bones
- All who have chronic or mental illnesses who suffer in silence
Songs that are keeping me going:
- He’ll take the pain away by Kirk Franklin. https://youtu.be/4OPSoGHEAMo
- Blessing in the Storm by Kirk Franklin. https://youtu.be/J3YLn9xAq1c
- The Storm is Over Now by Kirk Franklin. https://youtu.be/r0lFCh0uhSE
- You Are by Kirk Franklin. https://youtu.be/V-vMdB0AcAY
(ok so….pretty much the entire Songs for the Storm, Vol.1)
- You Know My Name by Tasha Cobbs. https://youtu.be/fxwVHKP-zKk
- Not Forgotten by Israel & New Breed. https://youtu.be/2Cw74lObYAo
And of course my favorite because HE IS tending to me. He sees me. He is keeping me. I am His sheep and He is my Shepherd. And He will come see about me! HE will heal me! Ok let me stop because I when I think about how He is going to heal my bod y from this pain and this illness they say they don’t have a cure from I GET EXCITED and I CAN’T HELP BUT PRAISE HIM!!! WHEWWWWWW! He is So Good!
- The Great Shepherd (live) by Psalmist Raine. https://youtu.be/ZX0d8L1ukEs
Have an amazing week Tribe and don’t forget to let me know how you are. Have you had or do you know anyone who experiences symptoms from barometric pressure? If so let me know!!